Thursday, September 2, 2010

So we are moved to Seattle.

We love it here so far! The ride up here really so super long but we made it without any real problems.We got here the first day and unpacked everything in the new apartment. My grandfather's brother lives here and came to help us unpack the U-Hal - it didn't take very long but what took long was finding the place to return the stupid U-Hal all we wanted to to was get rid of that silly thing and we drove all over looking for the right place to take it.

After finally finding the place Uncle David and Aunt Linda took us out to eat at a Pizza place on Boat street which is two streets down from where we live. This is where the big yachts dock. The next day we woke up and started unpacking. From the look of all are stuff we thought it was not going to fit but we realized the boxes just take up a lot of space. After unpacking we went to the store because we had zero food. I have never spent that much on food before but starting from nothing is hard.

The next couple of days we kept unpacking until we had everything in its place. The first weekend we went to ikea and bought our new beautiful couch. Of course it is brown but that's OK because Dan let me get some cute pillows to dress it up.

On Monday I hit it hard looking for a job and found a temporary position at the University Bookstore. I am excited to start working and meeting new people. Still going to keep looking for a job where I can actually use my degree but for now we can pay rent and eat so I think we will be OK. I am going to try harder to keep everyone up to date but it has been so crazy getting settled here. I start work next Friday so pray for me that I can make new FUN friends.
Here are some Pictures of the Apartment and our trip up here.








No comments:

Post a Comment